- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Services for Australians
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia- India relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Visas and Migration
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) at the Australian High Commission in New Delhi processes most visa applications and some citizenship applications for residents of India, Nepal and Bhutan. The information in this website is meant as supplementary, country specific information to that contained in the main DIAC website, www.immi.gov.au.
- Global delays in the processing of medical clearances for all Australian visas
- Important changes to Australia's visitor and business visa programs
- Phone scam warning for visa-holders in Australia
- Introduction of a Visa Evidence Charge (VEC) & the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) service from 24 November 2012
- Longer Tourist visas now open to Parents
- Significant Investor visa opens to Business Migrants
Fees & Application Forms
The current fee and application form for Visitor visas is available on the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website. Fees and Charges
Visa and Citizenship Options
Important Notice - All Visa Applicants
All visa applicants are requested to provide a notarised copy of their passport at the time of application. This includes:
• all the pages of your current passport, including any blank pages; and
• the biodata page of the current passport, and
• any endorsement page or change of name page in the current passport, and
• the back page with information of parents' names and previous passports.
Alternatively, if you lodge your application through VFS Global, the counter officer can certify a copy of your passport for you.
This request applies to all visa categories. Clients should have their passport with them at the time they lodge their application. Clients who lodge by mail must have every page of their passport copied and notarised by a Notary Public. Clients who do not lodge the above documents will experience delays in the processing of their visa application.