- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Services for Australians
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia- India relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Visas and Migration
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) at the Australian High Commission in New Delhi processes most visa applications and some citizenship applications for residents of India, Nepal and Bhutan. The information in this website is meant as supplementary, country specific information to that contained in the main DIBP website, www.immi.gov.au.
Notice to all Visa Applicants – Acceptable Passport Copies
The Australian High Commission accepts two formats of passport copies:
- Notarised copies of ALL pages, blank or otherwise; or
- Copies certified by VFS.
Clients are strongly recommended to carry their original passports with them when they lodge at VFS for VFS to copy and certify. Unacceptable copies – missing pages or un-certified/un-notarised pages – can lead to adverse visa decisions. There is no obligation to request acceptable copies after lodgement and your application will be delayed.
- From 19 April 2014, a credit card surcharge will apply to transactions made using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB and Diners credit cards.
- SCAMS: Current scams you should be aware of
- Current processing times for Visitor visa applications at the Australian High Commission, New Delhi
- New online lodgement services available for Partner visa and Resident Return Visa applications
- Updated Partner Migration processing times
Fees & Application Forms
The current fee and application form for Visitor visas is available on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. Fees and Charges
Visa and Citizenship Options
Processing times >> Where to Apply >> After you apply >> Contact us >> Visa labels >> Migration fraud >> Charges and Fees >> Migration agents operating outside Australia >> Australia's Health Requirements