- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Services for Australians
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia- India relationship
What is eHealth?
eHealth is a system that facilitates online health processing for visa applicant health assessments.
How it works
With eHealth the client or their agent completes their health declaration online (instead of on the paper Form 26 and/or 160) and the medical and radiology panel clinic completes the health examination (including uploading a digital x-ray and biometric photo) online. Once the panel doctor or radiologist submits this information it is transferred instantly to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s Health Operations Centre in Sydney, Australia, for processing. Generally hard copies of the results do not need to be couriered to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. Most results are then assessed by the Health Operations Centre within 48 hours of the panel doctor and panel radiologist submitting their findings.
Using online health processing as part of lodging an eVisa application results in a significant reduction in the time it takes to assess a visa applicant against Australia’s visa health requirement.
eHealth is available for the below visa subclasses WHEN LODGED AS EVISA APPLICATIONS:
- Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)
- Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
- Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)
- Independent ELICOS Sector (Subclass 570)
- Schools Sector (Subclass 571)
- Vocational Education and Training Sector (Subclass 572)
- Higher Education Sector (Subclass 573)
- Postgraduate Research Sector (Subclass 574)
- Non-award Sector (Subclass 575)
- Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)
- Superyacht crew (Subclass 488)
- eVisitor (Subclass 651)
- Sadhu Vaswani Mission Medical Centre
- Dr Rajiv Khosla
- DCA Clinic
- National Medical and Dialysis Centre
- Dr Shobha Kansal
- New Diagnostic Centre
- Dr Har Kamal Singh Bagga and Dr Wahiguru Pal Singh Sidhu
- Dr Livtar Singh Chawla
- Super X-Ray Clinic
How to use eHealth
After submitting your eVisa application and proceeding to the ‘Download health form(s)’ screen, you will be presented with a list of eHealth clinics for the chest x-ray and or medical examination. If you select one or more clinics from this list then you will have to complete medical history questions online (n.b. there is no requirement to download and complete paper health assessment forms). Once all medical history questions have been completed, an examination referral letter will be generated that you can take to the selected clinic(s). This can be completed either at the time of lodging the visa or subsequently by accessing the ‘Check progress of online application’ facility on the department’s website (www.immi.gov.au ).
If none of the listed clinics are convenient, then it is possible to opt for manual health processing at the bottom of the page, download and print a paper examination form and visit any of our panel clinics.
Immigration Panel Doctors
Australia’s Visa Health Requirements
Query Application Status page