- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Services for Australians
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia- India relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION
OFFICE CIRCULAR No. 10/12
VACANCY: Accountant (Part Time)
Oz Fest Team
The Australian High Commission is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Accountant for Oz Fest, Australia’s largest ever cultural diplomacy program in India.
A job description for the position is attached. Also attached are the selection criteria that the Interview Panel will use to assess applicants’ suitability for the position. Applicants must address each of the selection criteria and provide contact details of at least two referees.
Subject to the successful completion of a one month probationary period, the successful applicant will be offered a contract of employment of up to three months. The contract may be extended subject to agreement between the employer and employee.
Applicants should aware that this will be a part-time position only with final hours per week to be determined by agreement between the Australian High Commission and the successful applicant.
The monthly salary (full-time equivalent only) will range from Rupees 129,497 to Rupees 154,448 per month, depending on the skills and experience of the successful applicant.
Applications may be addressed to the undersigned at the Australian High Commission, 1/50G Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021 or lodged electronically at AHCJOBS.NDLI@dfat.gov.au by close of business Friday, 10 August 2012. No late applications will be accepted and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
26 July 2012
Designation: OZ Fest Accountant
Section: Oz Fest Team
1. Enter financial data into the High Commission’s SAP, Financial Management and Information System. Prepare and process purchase orders and payment vouchers. Assist in the preparation of end of month reports including accrual and prepayment data.
2. Track OZ Fest expenditure and revenue. Liaise with sponsors and suppliers on payments and receipts. Prepare monthly accrual accounting statements to ensure revenues and expenditure and recognized in the correct financial year. Provide ad hoc reporting to management in New Delhi and Canberra. Convert raw data SAP reports to user friendly reports for management.
3. Ensure that all Oz Fest financial transactions meet legislative and audit requirements. Ensure the Oz Fest program’s adherence to Commonwealth regulations including the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trades Financial Management Manual, the Financial Management and Accountability Act and internal audit guidelines. Ensure Regulation 9 and Regulation 10 approvals are in place for all Oz Fest expenditure. Ensure the required quotes are obtained for all expenditure and that appropriate documentation and prior approvals are in place. Ensure value for money is achieved on all Oz Fest financial transactions.
4. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer based accounting system. Familiarity with SAP will be a strong advantage. An ability to prepare reports in Microsoft Excel or other MS Office applications.
2. Demonstrated ability to accurately perform a wide range of accounting functions including processing payments and receipts, reconciliation of bank accounts, preparation of monthly financial reports.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Highly effective interpersonal skills for liaison with internal clients and external vendors and bank
4. Tertiary qualifications in accounting. Membership of a professional accounting association desirable.