- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Services for Australians
- Study in Australia
- Development cooperation
- About Australia
- Australia- India relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Lost and Stolen Passports
In the event that your passport is lost or stolen, you should:
• Report the loss of your passport immediately to the Australian High Commission in Delhi or the Consulates-General in Mumbai or Chennai
• Obtain an official Lost Passport report from the local police station.
• Complete and submit an Australian Passport Application PC8 form.
NOTE: In order to be re-issued with a full Australian passport you will need to meet all the requirements of a PC8 Passport Application.
If you are unable to satisfy these requirements, the Australian High Commission may be able to issue a limited validity Emergency Passport.
• Obtain two standard Australian passport photos.
• Attend an interview.
• Pay the current application fee. (link with Passport fees as mentioned above)Local currency INR cash payment accepted only.
• Pay the lost/stolen fee.
*Once you are issued with a new passport you will need to apply for a new Indian visa.
For further information, contact the Consular Section at the Australian High Commission or the Consulates-General.